Thursday, December 31, 2009

LOOKING BACK

Well its the end of 2009 and another year in my life comes to an end.Thought of surfing the different channels in the television and everywhere there was this round up of the year.Sometimes Amitabh Bachhan popped up in the "Rann TV",else there was a countdown of the years biggest moments and the lows.So why should I be left far behind??!!??Let me join the bandwagon and compile a list of the 10 memorable events that happened with me this year.The list is not in any particular order as I will be jotting them down as it comes to my mind.

1. Belling The CAT :- Strictly speaking, this is not exactly an event of 2009 as I had already given the exam on 2008, but the results were due.I had no great expectations from the result.Actually,the result of 83.94%ile surprised me.Then again, there was the thought that if only I had given it more seriously.......(Human nature of non-satiation).

2. Visiting God's Own country:- CAT results were out.WIPRO further deferring the joining date.Sister finshed her board exams.Perfect time for some family outing.And what better place than God's own country.Thanx to dad's LTC, we were off on a wonderful journey.I must say that it has been one of my best tours till date.Right from the lavish hotels to the beautiful scenic beauty of Munnar.The elephant ride in Thekkady to the speed boat in Perriyar.The sunset at Kovvallam beach to the boat ride in backwaters.It was great.

3. Master Of Bad Activity(MBA) :- After wandering aimlessly for over a year, I finally decided to pursue the MBA at IISWBM.Maybe it was an escapist point of thought but that seemed the most wise decision at that time.Sometimes during my economics class I still wonder if I have made the right decision.......But the bullet has been fired and the aim now must be the bulls eye.

4. Attending the concert of Mozart of Mumbai :- Yes thats right.I had the privilege of attending the JAI HO concert of A.R.Rehman this November.I decided to attend the concert right from the day the posters came out.And it was not a bad decision.Not only the wizard but his whole troupe created magic and it was an experience of a lifetime.

5. Heartache at Hyderabad :- So near yet so far.I am talking about the India Vs Australia ODI match this year.It's only a match but it finds a mention in my list due to the impact of a certain Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar on that match.I am one of his most devoted fans and the look in his face when he came to collect his man of the match award really made me sad.Scoring 175 runs and almost single handedly taking your team to victory only to be denied by 3 runs.That is tragic.

6. Emotional Quotient :- Emotionally, this year has been a mixed bag.It had its highs and some lows obviously. The year began with a thought about my future.What would I be doing with my life?? Somehow that settled down.Safe for two years.Personally, there were some days when I was absolutely disgusted with myself.But somehow I have this unique knack to be optimistic about eveything (sometimes hopelessly optimistic).There was a period when nothing was going right, but its almost OK now.And thats good too learn.Hope to remain my cheerful self and take life at my stride.

7. The cool gang :- Life at a new institution can be boring at the start.But I was lucky to form a small group of very good friends as soon as I joined IISWBM. We are 8 of us and everyone is unique in his/her own way.I really enjoy my time with them in college which makes the long 2 hrs lecture bearable.Its becoz of them that MBA seems like B.Tech.Last but not the least, they bring good tiffin from their house which I really enjoy.

8. BAMBI (Someone will surely understand)

9. Films And Books :- I am a big time movie addict and watched many movies this year.But sadly, few of the many bollywood movies left an impression in my mind.It was great watching 3 Idiots at the end of the year.apart from that it was a pretty ordinary year. Among the hollywood releases this year, AVATAR stole the show.There were a few other good movies as well.Coming to books, I read quite a few books this year which is good. To sir with love and Moth Smoke were good followed by Thousand splendid suns and The reluctant fundamentalist.Hope to read a few more soon.And the worst book which I read this year surely is P.S.I Love You.

10. Best for Last :- I met someone on 2008 and that person became very close to me around September 2008.But as this year comes to an end, I can proudly say that she has become more close to me.The binding force is stronger and it is not becoz we had a ball this year.quiet on the contrary. There were many rough patches this year and it really felt suffocating to lead those days.But when I see that she is still there with a ready smile for me and waits for me as eagerly as she did an year ago,I can strongly say that yes we have grown in our relationship and there are many many happy days ahead.

so these were some of the incidents and events that I distinctly remember.Hope to post soon again.

1 comment:

GST Refunds Delhi said...

very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.